Have I been great at keeping up with posting this winter? Nope. Honestly, have I been great at keeping up with posting since I started this blog?? Also nope 😄 But I’m just fine with that! There are a lot of important things happening, and I actually have decided to put blogging on the back burner.
Before, I would’ve been freaking out if I didn’t have a perfectly outlined blogging schedule, and lots of content. But now, if there’s something I want to post, great! And if not, I’m giving myself the option to just let it slide. I post a lot more on my Instagram, so follow me there if you miss seeing more daily life things like I used to post!
I’m about two weeks late on this post, and I debated whether or not I should even dedicate a whole post to it this late. But these pictures make me smile, so why not? ❤️ On March 9th, we celebrated Lincoln’s 3rd birthday! Joelle and I took him to Smiley’s and got him a doggie bowl, which he loved. He is truly the best dog in the world, and I can’t imagine our family without him!
I thought I’d do the same thing I did last year, and share a few things about Lincoln that I don’t want to forget…
1. In the last year, he’s started barking more! He still won’t bark very often (maybe once every week or two), and only when there’s a dog or deer in the yard. The worst is when the deer come into the yard in the middle of the night and his bark wakes us up! 😄
2. When he is really in sleep mode, he’ll roll over on his back and sleep in a ‘c’ shape, and it’s the cutest thing ever ❤️
3. He really loves going for rides in the car with us, but he doesn’t usually like the destination. He is always itching to go home… just like his mama 😄
4. We finally got him to love a new toy! He’s always been obsessed with his Platypus and Ducky, and we never could get him super interested in anything else. In our latest Chewy order, I threw in a random hedgehog, and he absolutely LOVES it. It makes two sounds, a squeak and a kind of “honk”, which he is obsessed with 😄
5. When we go for walks, he likes to walk closest to the grass. But when he hears a car coming, he goes to the other side so he’s between me and the car, and scootches me off the road with his butt! He is so protective and gentle and wonderful ❤️
6. Speaking of gentle, he used to take treats from our hands a little too quickly and ‘rough’ – he is still a big German Shepherd after all! He didn’t mean to, he was just excited! So we taught him to take food very gently, and it’s so so cute to watch him open his mouth soooooo slowly and close it so soft 😂
Happy (late) birthday, Lincoln! We love you!!